Wednesday 14 March 2012

Illustration Friday Week 9 - Yield

When I saw Yield was the word of the week, I started to doubt my faith in humanity. How could I come up with an easy to understand illustration on such a weird word? But after some experimenting I found that as long as I didn't over think its meaning, I could create artwork to suit. As usual, I looked to other artists for some inspiration to what could be considered graphically appealing.

Brader01

Betty Brader is the artist for this work here. I like how separate images can create one composition. Things don't always have to be touching to be interacting. I also appreciate the simple style.

I went with a simple, sketchbook style cartooning for this work. I wanted a wistful and childish feeling for this book cover.

yeildprocess YeildVol9

No comments:

Post a Comment